Sphero indi Educational Robot Student Kit
Sphero indi Educational Robot Student Kit
Rev up STEAM learning with the indi Student Kitâ€” designed to engage 1-3 students at a time or to supplement additional indi learning robots and color tiles for your indi Class Pack.
The indi learning robot is designed to introduce early learners to the fundamentals of computational thinking, STEAM, and computer science principles while encouraging open-ended, imaginative play-based learning with real-life scenarios as students build custom mazes and solve puzzles. indi offers an unplugged programming experience with an on-board color sensor or students can kick their skills into high gear with more coding options in the free Sphero Edu Jr app.
Designed for Early Learners
Computational Thinking Made Fun
Our indi learning robot offers unplugged and connected coding experiences that sharpen creative problem-solving and computational thinking skills. Students learn cause and effect, pattern recognition, the basics of block coding, and understand abstractionâ€”all while having fun!
Design & Create
Design and build any maze imaginable, just like an engineer.
Sharpen computational thinking skills through hands-on interactive play.
Learn basic programming skills with our new drag and drop blocks in the Sphero Edu Jr app, designed just for indi.
On-board Color Sensor
The color sensor and color tiles provide endless opportunities to rev kidsâ€™ creativity by building mazes that program indi to drive.
Endless fun and learning with the printed materials that have activities with ranging complexity. Solve pre-made puzzles or create your own.
Designed for Students
Built to engage small groups of of all abilities as they embark on their coding and robotics journey.
Easy Screenless Onboarding
Discover how indi reacts to each color tile.
Build mazes with endless combinations of color tiles.
Strengthen problem-solving skills by navigating the challenging puzzles you build.
Speed into STEAM
Sphero Edu Jr App
Learn the basics of programming with the color tiles or level up with Spheroâ€™s all new drag and drop blocks in the Sphero Edu Jr app, designed just for indi. Control how indi reacts to the world through intuitive yet powerful programming blocks or enhance computational thinking skills by creating new patterns and solving puzzles.
- Use Sphero Edu Jrâ€™s all new block programming to understand the basics of coding and computer science principles.
- Sends the program directly to indi, so you donâ€™t have to worry about disconnections while running your program or solving mazes.
- Control indiâ€™s lights and choose between solid colors and different light patterns on the top LED.
- Reprogram how indi responds to different colors by choosing from a variety of movements, lights, and sounds that appear when you navigate over the associated color tile.
- Control the sounds your robot makes and have indi play notes to songs as it passes over the color tiles.
- Control indiâ€™s movements with different program directions and animated movements like a celebration dance.
- Send a custom program to indi and have your students try to figure out what was sent.
- In addition to programming indi, Sphero Edu Jr allows you to drive indi with intuitive controls.
STEAM Education in the Classroom or at Home
Roadmaps for STEAM Learning
indiâ€™s printed guides and materials will steer you in the right direction for getting started with problem solving and learning the basics of computational thinking in the classroom or at home.
Beginnerâ€™s Programming Challenge Cards
Each Student Kit includes 15 Beginnerâ€™s Programming Challenge Cards for an introduction to problem solving and building and navigating different puzzles.
Individual Student Case
The individual student cases contain everything for 1 to 3 students (1 indi, 20 durable silicone color tiles, 15 Beginnerâ€™s Programming Challenge Cards). Send indi home with students for at-home learning or homeschool lessons to ignite a passion for problem solving and encourage creative expression.
Express Your Creativity
Decorative Sticker Sheets
Each Student Kit comes with 2 decorative sticker sheets to encourage creative expression as well as classroom management. Give indi a unique personality, name, or just deck out your robot.
- Design & Create
- Screenless Learning
- Coding Concepts
- On-board Color Sensor
- Endless Activities
- Designed for Students
- Easy Screenless Onboarding
- Speed into STEAM
- STEAM Education in the Classroom or at Home
- Express Your Creativity