Metabones Nikon G to BMPCC4K Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x (Black Matt)
The Metabones Nikon G to BMPCC4K Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x (Black Matt) allows a full-frame Nikon G lens to be mounted onto a Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K MFT-mount camera. While doing so, the adapter's optics help to maximize the connected lens's apparent angle of view while providing a 1-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range.
The BMPCC4K Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x and XL 0.64x are similar to the standard M43 Speed Booster adapters but the optics have been re-designed to optimize for the filter stack thickness of 2.4mm found in Blackmagic cameras rather than the 4mm of a standard Micro Four Thirds.
The BMPCC4K Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x reduces the crop factor of the BMPCC 4K camera from 2.02x to 1.29x.
Metabones Nikon G to BMPCC4K Speed Booster adapters are designed exclusively for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (BMPCC4K). They cannot be attached to any other M43 cameras such as JVC, Olympus or Panasonic cameras.
- Allows a full-frame Nikon G lens to be used with a Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K MFT-mount camera
- Maximizes apparent angle of view of combined camera and lens
- Provides a 1-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range
- 6 lens elements in 4 groups for optical clarity as well as colour fidelity
- Internal coating minimizes reflections within the adapter barrel
- Detachable, Arca-Swiss compatible tripod foot with 1/4"-20 threads matches the BMPCC 4K camera height
Optimized for the filter stack thickness of 2.4mm found in Blackmagic cameras rather than the 4mm of a standard Micro Four Thirds.
- Nikon G lens to Blackmagic Design cameras with M43 mount, specific for BMPCC4K.
- Increase maximum aperture by 1-stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.9).
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Patented 6-element/4-group optical design by Caldwell Photographic in the USA.
If a lens intended for 35mm film or similarly sized full-frame camera sensors is connected to a camera with a Micro Four Thirds-sized sensor, it would project an image larger than the Micro Four Thirds sensor was built to accept. Able to capture only the center portion of the projected image, the effective angle of view of the lens would be narrowed, creating an in-camera "crop factor." The T Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x adapter condenses the light from a lens designed for 35mm film or "full-frame" camera sensors and projects it onto a Micro Four Thirds sensor. This allows the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K with a Micro Four Thirds sensor to utilize more of the light gathered by a connected lens, which effectively reduces the crop factor while making available to the sensor an additional 1-stop of light for each of the lens's f/stop settings.
This adapter is constructed from aluminum for durability while minimizing weight and its mounting rings are made with brass to further prevent wear and tear and a detachable tripod foot is included and features 1/4"-20 threads as well as compatibility with Arca-Swiss tripod heads.
- Internal flocking to reduce internal reflection.
- Rubber gasket protects M43 mount connection from dust and moisture.
- Aluminum alloy and brass construction with chromium plating.
- Satin surface finish.
- Detachable tripod foot compatible with Arca Swiss Style ball head or attach to quick release plate by a 1/4"-20 screw.
- The tripod foot is tailor-made to match the exact height as the BMPCC4K camera body.
- MPN - MB_SPNFG-m43-BM4
- GTIN - 4897050182529