Metabones Canon EF to BMPCC4K T Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x
The Metabones Canon EF to BMPCC4K T Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x allows a full-frame Canon EF-mount lens to be mounted onto a Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K MFT-mount camera. While doing so, the adapter's optics help to maximize the connected lens's apparent angle of view while providing a 1-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range.
The BMPCC4K Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x and XL 0.64x are similar to the standard M43 Speed Booster adapters (MB_SPEF-m43-BT3 and MB_SPEF-m43-BT4) but the optics have been re-designed to optimize for the filter stack thickness of 2.4mm found in Blackmagic cameras rather than the 4mm of a standard Micro Four Thirds.
The BMPCC4K Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x reduces the crop factor of the BMPCC 4K camera from 2.02x to 1.43x.
Metabones Canon EF to BMPCC4K Speed Booster adapters are designed exclusively for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (BMPCC4K). They cannot be attached to any other M43 cameras such as JVC, Olympus or Panasonic cameras.
- Allows a full-frame Canon EF-mount lens to be used with a Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K MFT-mount camera
- Maximizes apparent angle of view of combined camera and lens
- Provides a 1-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range
- 6 lens elements in 4 groups for optical clarity as well as color fidelity
- Supports electronic communication between camera and lens to enable autofocus, image stabilization, on-camera aperture control, and EXIF metadata generation when possible
- Internal coating minimizes reflections within the adapter barrel
- Detachable, Arca-Swiss compatible tripod foot with 1/4"-20 threads matches the BMPCC 4K camera height
Optimized for the filter stack thickness of 2.4mm found in Blackmagic cameras rather than the 4mm of a standard Micro Four Thirds.
- Canon EF mount lens to Blackmagic Design cameras with M43 mount, specific for BMPCC4K.
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 1/3 stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.9).
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Patented 6-element/4-group optical design by Caldwell Photographic in the USA.
If a lens intended for 35mm film or similarly sized full-frame camera sensors is connected to a camera with a Micro Four Thirds-sized sensor, it would project an image larger than the Micro Four Thirds sensor was built to accept. Able to capture only the center portion of the projected image, the effective angle of view of the lens would be narrowed, creating an in-camera "crop factor." The T Speed Booster 0.71x adapter condenses the light from a lens designed for 35mm film or "full-frame" camera sensors and projects it onto a Micro Four Thirds sensor. This allows the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K with a Micro Four Thirds sensor to utilize more of the light gathered by a connected lens, which effectively reduces the crop factor while making available to the sensor an additional 1-stop of light for each of the lens's f/stop settings.
This adapter is constructed from aluminum for durability while minimizing weight and its mounting rings are made with brass to further prevent wear and tear and a detachable tripod foot is included and features 1/4"-20 threads as well as compatibility with Arca-Swiss tripod heads.
- Internal flocking to reduce internal reflection.
- Rubber gasket protects M43 mount connection from dust and moisture.
- Aluminum alloy and brass construction with chromium plating.
- Satin surface finish.
- Detachable tripod foot compatible with Arca Swiss Style ball head, or attach to quick release plate by a 1/4"-20 screw.
- The tripod foot is tailor-made to match the exact height as the BMPCC4K camera body.
Electronic Communication Support
The T Speed Booster 0.71x adapter supports electronic communication between an attached camera and lens. If the lens includes autofocus, image stabilization, and camera-controlled aperture functions, this adapter is intended to allow those features to be used.
Also, if an attached lens is capable of generating EXIF metadata when used with a directly compatible camera, the T Speed Booster 0.71x adapter is designed to allow that information to be saved along with image files generated with a combination of the lens, a BMPCC 4K camera, and the adapter.
- Lens iris/aperture is set by the controls on the camera body.
- Smooth iris support with the latest Canon (2009+), Tamron (SP series 2013+) and Sigma (2016+) lens models.
- Image stabilization (IS) lens support.
- Push autofocus if supported by camera.
- Powered by camera body. With most lenses, no external power source required.
- MPN - MB_SPEF-m43-BT8
- GTIN - 4897050182482