Datacolor SpyderX Studio
Helping to ensure accurate color and exposure, the Datacolor SpyderX Studio is a comprehensive calibration kit for the exposure, editing, and printing workflow stages. This kit includes the SpyderCUBE, to help achieve accurate exposure and white balance at exposure; SpyderX Elite, an advanced colorimeter to ensure your computer's monitor is colour-accurate; and the SpyderPRINT, which helps to manage and create printer profiles for more accurate and repeatable results from your inkjet printer.
Datacolor SpyderX Elite Colorimeter
Helping to achieve consistently accurate colors from your monitor, the Datacolor SpyderX Elite Colorimeter is a calibration solution featuring a lens-based color engine for fast, precise, and versatile performance. The colorimeter pairs with SpyderX software to provide a range of calibration control, ranging from a one-click, wizard-guided option to an expert console for finely tuning color, brightness, and contrast to match any application. The colorimeter incorporates an ambient light sensor to measure prevailing light conditions, and can automatically re-calibrate your monitor to maintain consistent results.
The Elite version of the SpyderX ups the level of control, offering unlimited calibration setting choices to suit anything from photo to video to scientific standard settings, and a monitor performance analysis feature lets you inspect the various aspects and uniformity of your calibration settings. This software and colorimeter can also be used to calibrate digital projectors, multiple monitor setups, and, using StudioMatch, can create a standard for all displays you work with to be matched. Additionally, built-in soft proofing helps to achieve accurate results when moving to print, tablets, or other screens.
Key Features of the Datacolor SpyderX Elite Colorimeter
- Using redeveloped lens-based color engine technology, this colorimeter offers improved light sensitivity and greater accuracy to promote truer screen color, white balance, and more shadow detail.
- SpyderX software is an intuitive means for producing both quick calibrations as well as more customized color profiling. One-click calibration and step-by-step wizard guides can be used to expedite the calibration process or expert console modes offer increased control for specialty applications.
- Integrated ambient light sensor can measure your room light throughout the day to permit fine-tuning of the screen's brightness and contrast to ideal viewing levels. SpyderX software can then warn you to re-calibrate or perform calibrations automatically to match the prevailing ambient light using custom profiles covering five different ambient light settings.
- Multiple laptops, desktop monitors, and front projectors can be calibrated using SpyderX software, with full support for the latest display technologies. Additionally, StudioMatch can create a calibration target, which is shareable between attached displays and computers, to maintain a consistent overall profile.
- The SpyderProof function allows you to compare your monitor's colors before and after calibration to isolate the flaws and what has changed between settings. This function can be used in conjunction with a Datacolor composite test image or one of your own photos can be uploaded for full-screen review.
- An unlimited range of calibration options and presets can be applied depending on the specific application the monitor is being used for, including photo, video, pre-press, and scientific calibration standards. These calibration settings allow you to quickly change and work with different combinations of gamma, white point, and brightness.
- SpyderX Elite Display Analysis allows you to understand how your monitors are performing at a given time, with insight given to the color, brightness, contrast, gamut, tone response, white point, color accuracy, and color uniformity.
- The soft proof feature helps to simulate how your images will look on different screens, devices, or when printed. In regard to printing, the soft proofing can even take into account different printer models, paper types, ink sets, and ICC profiles.
- In addition to computer monitors, SpyderX Elite is also compatible with digital projectors, is suitable for video and cine applications, and can be used to tune multiple and side-by-side monitor configurations.
Datacolor SpyderCUBE RAW Calibration Tool
The Datacolor SpyderCUBE RAW Calibration Tool is a compact (1.5"/3.8 cm square), digital color balancing tool that not only allows you to correct the color temperature but also the exposure, brightness and black point of your images. The SpyderCUBE is a spectrally neutral three-dimensional tool that's small enough to fit in your pocket or camera bag and gives you all the features needed to easily adjust your images in post-production. Its multi-sided construction allows special attention to highlights and shadows, and contains more features for image control than a gray card or white balance tool.
Just place the SpyderCUBE in the lighting conditions under which you will be photographing. Orient the cube so that the lower black face, containing the black trap, is at the bottom front, and the two split white/gray faces are both visible. Take a photograph that includes the Cube. It makes several measurements that make it possible for you to be confident that your colors are accurate, your shadows and highlights are properly exposed, and your image is adjusted to the ideal density, regardless of the lighting conditions. These functions give you the data you need:
- Chrome Ball - Measures catchlight to analyze specular highlights.
- White Face(s) - Define highlights in relation to catchlight.
- Gray Face(s) - Measures color temperature and midtone response.
- Black Face - Defines shadows in relation to black trap.
- Black Trap - Defines absolute black.
By using SpyderCUBE under the same lighting conditions as your photos, you can optimally adjust all the photos in RAW conversion using the information the Spyder 3D shot provides. The SpyderCUBE is easy enough for the advanced amateur and sophisticated enough for professionals.
Key Features of the Datacolor SpyderCUBE RAW Calibration Tool
- Reference tool to achieve accurate colors without trial-and-error operations in RAW processing.
- SpyderCUBE provides all relevant light information for the RAW adjustments:
- Chrome Ball to measure catchlight to analyze overexposed areas.
- White Faces to define highlights in relation to catchlight.
- Spectrally neutral 18% Grey Faces to measure color temperature and midtones in all lighting conditions.
- Black Trap to define absolute black.
- Black Face to define shadows in relation to black trap.
- Easy to use and compatible with all RAW converter software.
- Essential for RAW processing but can also be used when processing images in a JPG workflow.
- Small and handy, it fits in any photo bag
- Ideal for location shooting (outdoor or indoor) and studios
- Capture accurate color without a lot of trial and error manipulation
- Spectrally Neutral, so that the Cube responds accurately to all lighting conditions
- Provides reference values to check and adjust RAW control settings
- Includes Black Trap for shadow detail control
- Allows users to instantly correct color images by setting color temperature value
- Allows users to accurately adjust shadows and highlight detail in any RAW image
The Datacolor SpyderPRINT allows photographers, designers and imaging professionals to manage the color of their print output -- it's a great tool for print matching and can reduce the amount of paper and ink used in the long run.
By selecting any combination of printer, ink and media in the software, SpyderPRINT provides a full assortment of tools. You'll be able to create any number of custom profiles to ICC standards. After installing the software, you can print your choice of targets with your printer and then use the SpyderGuide device to guide you through the process to calibrate and build a profile.
The SpyderProof feature provides a series of images to help you evaluate details and compare it with your images. Additionally, you can adjust profile settings to get the best possible printed output for images.
Please note: SpyderPRINT builds RGB ICC profiles. Please check with the manufacturer of your laser printer of the developer of your RIP software to determine if your laser printer or RIP is compatible with RGB format ICC profiles.
Profiling Speed and Accuracy
The spectrocolorimeter gives you custom profiles in minutes with EZ targets for color and black and white. The SpyderGuide device provides convenience in reading the printed targets to help you create profiles easily and accurately
Intuitive Profiling Software
The step-by-step process affords improved usability. The program makes it easy to follow the calibration of the targets and help you build a profile
This function gives you a series of carefully selected images to evaluate detail with a photographer's point of view. This feature is available for each unique printer profile that you create, providing you with a soft-proofing tool that is invaluable in managing your printed output
Advanced controls are included in the Color and Black & White Tinting curves in your Image Editor, which allows you to apply adjustments to the profile rather than to each individual image. The Extended Grays Target allows you to add precision gray and near-gray data to profiles, enhancing the quality of tinted and black and white prints
Extensive Editing Functions
Flexible target options and high patch profiling targets produce gallery-quality prints in color or black and white. Easily select prebuilt or custom sets of advanced profile settings to produce profiles with specific combinations of highlight and shadow tint, details and neutrality settings
- MPN - 58.3020
- GTIN - 875720001848