Carl Zeiss Terra ED 10x32 10x32 Terra ED Binoculars (Gray) [523204-9901]
Carl Zeiss Terra ED 10x32 Binoculars (Gray)
Compact, light and robust
With its fibreglass-reinforced, waterproof casing, the TERRA ED fulfils the high expectations of the outdoor enthusiast. The TERRA ED line is designed to be compact, light and sturdy. This means: the TERRA ED is the ideal companion that weighs little, fits easily into every pocket and is almost indestructible. Whether on long journeys, in the open countryside, at racetrack or concerts, on city tours, in the mountains or on the open seas.
Brilliant, razor-sharp images
Thanks to maximum optical precision and a hydrophoic multi-coating, the ZEISS TERRA ED meets all demands for versatile use. This state-of-the-art coating ensures that ZEISS TERRA ED will impress you even under difficult conditions such as adverse weather and challenging outdoor situations. These binoculars guarantee outstanding images, minute details and absolutely natural colors.
Easy-to-use, quick focussing
The large, smooth-running and easy-access focussing wheel of the TERRA ED makes focussing especially easy and fast. Pick up a pair of TERRA ED binoculars and their advantages are instantly apparent. The index finger automatically positions itself on the focus wheel. You no longer have to think about how best to hold the binoculars if an exciting scene appears right in front of you. Quick as a flash, you are focussed on the object of your interest. You can be sure never to miss out on those unforgettable moments. On the contrary, you have a razor-sharp, ringside view of them.
Close-up field observation
Active outdoor lifestyles demand compact, durable and versatile binoculars. The ZEISS TERRA ED delivers razor-sharp images of far-away objects. But it can also observe nature up close with great precision. With a generous wide field of view and a close focus distance of just 1.6 m (TERRA ED 32 and 42) or 1.9 m (TERRA ED Pocket), the TERRA ED is ideal for nature observation, whether the object is far across the field or in the tree just above you.
Light, robust and modern design
The ZEISS TERRA ED family is lightweight and trail-tough so it packs easily and stands up to rugged terrain. Easy-grip surfaces let you grab and lift the binoculars quickly to your eye. Smooth focus and ergonomically correct eyecups make viewing comfortable and natural. At just 310 g, the ZEISS TERRA ED Pocket is the lightest weight model in its class.
The black 2017 edition of ZEISS Optics' 10x32 Terra ED Binocular features a redesigned ergonomic chassis that makes holding them more comfortable, especially during long glassing sessions. Optically, they retain the exceptional elements that are the hallmarks of the Terra ED including compact Schmidt-Pechan roof prisms, SCHOTT extra low-dispersion (ED) glass, and the proprietary multi-coatings. These complementary technologies and elements work together to produce an immersive observational experience that presents clear and bright views, despite the relatively small objectives, with accurate color representation and virtually zero distortion across the entire wide field of view. The 61Ã‚Â° apparent angle of view also helps to minimize the visible hand-shake common in smaller and lighter high-power binoculars.
The comfortable ergonomic chassis is made of a fiberglass reinforced polycarbonate to help reduce weight, without sacrificing strength while adding impact and temperature resistance. Being resistant to temperature changes not only ensures that the housing will remain a constant temperature, even in cold and wet conditions, but will not experience the expansion and contraction common in metal chassis that can cause the optical elements to move out of alignment over time and preventing the binocular's ability to achieve sharp focus. The chassis is covered in a black rubber armoring that helps to protect it from drops and impacts, and provides a slip-resistant grip.
- 10x magnification
- 32mm objective lenses
- Roof prism optical path
- The compact Schmidt-Pechan prism design corrects the view while allowing for thinner optical tubes versus the more common Abbe-Koenig design
- SCHOTT ED glass elements reduces chromatic and spherical aberrations to produce views with true color rendition without halos, diffraction, or distortion across the entire field of view
- ZEISS proprietary hydrophobic multi-coated optics sheds dust, dirt, and oils while improving light transmission, color rendition, sharpness, and contrast
- Short 5.25 foot close focus distance
- Wide 61Ã‚Â° apparent angle of view
- 367-foot field of view at 1000 yards
- Long 16.5mm eye relief
- 3.2mm exit pupil
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration
- Large fast-focus center wheel
- Ã‚Â±3 right-eye dioptric correction
- 56-74mm interpupillary adjustment range
- Twist-up click-stop rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Impact, corrosion and temperature-resistant fiberglass-reinforce polycarbonate housing
- Temperature resistance prevents expansion and contraction in extreme temperature changes which prevents optical components from moving out of alignment
- Protective black rubber armor
- Nitrogen-filled for water and fogproof performance
- Submersible to 100 mbar of pressure, or approximately 3' (1m)
- Operating Temperature 5 to 140Ã‚Â°F (-15 to 60Ã‚Â°C)
- Weight: 18 oz
- SCHOTT Extra Low-Dispersion Glass
- Schmidt-Pechan Roof Prism Design
- ZEISS Hydrophobic Multi-Coated Optics
- Wide 61Ã‚Â° Viewing Angle
- Nitrogen-Filled, Fogproof and Waterproof
- 5.25 ft Close Focus Distance
- Closed Bridge Configuration
- Reinforced Polycarbonate Housing
- Large Center Focusing Wheel
- Twist-Up Rubber Eyecups